About Our Company
Founded in 1880, The Davey Tree Expert Company provides research-driven tree services, grounds maintenance and environmental solutions for residential, utility, commercial and environmental partners across North America. As one of the largest employee-owned companies in the U.S., Davey is dedicated to creating and delivering sustainable solutions in everything we do
Davey is passionate about our communities’ natural assets, the trees and plant life that make our world a greener, healthier and more beautiful place to live. As we work to advance the green industry, our employee owners are committed to providing solutions that promote responsible practices for the sustainability of the environment and society.
102-2, 102-4, 102-6, 102-7, 102-10
Davey operates across the United States and Canada, providing a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, commercial, government and utility markets. Our residential and commercial services segment provides services to residential and commercial customers, including:
- The treatment, preservation, maintenance, removal and planting of trees, shrubs and other plants
- The practice of landscaping, grounds maintenance and tree surgery
- The application of fertilizers, herbicides and insecticides
- Natural resource management and consulting, environmental planning and forestry research and development
Our utility segment is principally engaged in providing services to utility customers, including Investor-owned, Municipal, REA, Co-ops, Communications and Natural Gas Utilities:
- Line-clearing and vegetation management around power lines
- Rights-of-way and chemical brush control, natural resource management and consulting, forestry research and development and environmental planning
We also maintain research, technical support and laboratory diagnostic facilities. A complete description of our business operations including subsidiaries can be found in our annual report available on Davey.com.
A company is only as successful as its people. This sentiment rings true for Davey. We would not be in business for nearly 140 years without the dedication and hard work of our employees and employee-owners. In 2019, we continued to grow. We made notable acquisitions, including Kerr Environmental Services, in Virginia Beach, VA, LMS Inc. (Landscape Management Services), in Houston, TX, ABS Tree Care, in Omaha, Dominion Tree Service, in Windsor, Ontario, Mountain Maple Garden & Tree Service, in Vancouver, British Columbia, Amy S. Greene Environmental Consultants, Inc., in Flemington, NJ, and B. Haney and Sons Tree Service, in Chicago, IL. , further solidifying our leadership position.
REVENUE TRENDS (MILLIONS, USD)
Staying true to Davey’s corporate responsibility pillars requires us to consider who and how we partner with our suppliers. Davey’s largest purchasing categories include equipment, insurance, fuel, chemicals and miscellaneous supplies. Equipped with the results of our materiality assessment, we have begun collaborating with several suppliers to develop innovative solutions for our mutual focus areas.
Partner & Industry Leadership
Davey partners with many organizations to advance tree stewardship and societal well-being. Some of these organizations, programs and conferences include:
- Alliance for Community Trees
- American Academy for Park & Recreation Administration
- Arbor Day Foundation
- Garden Communicators International
- International Society of Arboriculture
- National Association of Landscape Professionals
- National Center for Employee Ownership
- Responsible Industry for a Sound Environment
- Society of Municipal Arborists
- Sustainable Urban Forest Coalition
- Tree Care Industry Association
- TREE Fund
- U.S. Forest Service
- Utility Arborist Association
Our employees devote their time, talent and leadership to these organizations, as well as other initiatives that promote and provide sustainable communities.